Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Bali- WOW!

It's our first morning in Bali and it feels a bit like camping at home! You can hear the birds singing, the crickets chirping, frogs croaking and leaves rustling. The rooms at the resort are stand alone huts so you don't hear another soul unless they are walking by. It's incredibly serene. And the scents are incredible. Damp ground, fragrant flowers and incense.  Bali is the most perfumed place I have ever travelled to.  It is incredible. I wish there was a way to bottle it up so you could experience it too.  After a delightful breakfast complete with pineapple jam (don't know why I was so amazed as of course we could make pineapple jam back home just the same) we headed into Ubud. What an incredibly beautiful walk.... I could have strolled for hours along the houses and shops. Passed the monkeys and altars. Smelling the incense and listening to the sounds of the jungle.  When we got into town shopping and finally ice cream were in order before heading back to the hotel for our massages. Since Kim was up first I cooled off in the pool. Even with a little rain it was incredible. And it had to be one of the best massages of my life - amazing!!! Kim picked out a delicious dining spot tonight! We had Balinese tapas and yummy entres. Too full for any Indonesian dessert though!!! The food was so delicious and we had a great spot for people watching. So many different walks of life all strolling through the streets.  All day I was nearly beside myself with how much I loved the surroundings. I just couldnt drink enough of it in. So now it is off to bed. Another full day tomorrow starting with another massage. This is the life!

No comments: